Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Kauai Wedding Minister Larry LaSota marries Bob and Kristiin at Sheraton - and what a ring!

Bob and Kristin were really a fun couple that I married last month at the Sheraton Kauai.  Kristin is a nurse and I always feel honored to do a nurse's wedding because my sister is a nurse and I know first hand how dedicated they all are.

Bob had the most unique Groom's wedding ring I have seen. And believe me I've seen more different style and materials than you can imagine. But this one really took me aback.

I  had taken the rings before the ceremony and just put them in my pocket as I usually do. I don't look at them then, I want to be surprised when I take them out of my pocket and get a first look at them just like the wedding guests. 

So it's time for the ring exchange. I reach into my pocket to take the rings out and one ring feels a little squishy. Bob's ring was made of silicon. It flexed and would bend almost like a rubber band. To look at it you would think it was platinum, but to the touch a real bender. 
 
Kauai Wedding Minister Larry LaSota at the Sheraton Kauai
 

Turns out we really could use that ring two days later at a wedding where the Groom's knuckle was so large from sports injuries that his own ring wouldn't fit.  I tell you, there is always something to learn at a wedding!
 
Finally, here is a photo of a great friend and musician, Kenny Rapozo.

Kauai Wedding Minister Larry LaSota's friend musician Kenny Rapozo

No comments:

Post a Comment